Monday, May 9, 2011

bringing to light

All these things we have, all the things we do, all the things we toil for....what are they for? What is our purpose in them? do we have things right? Are we doing these things right? Why do we struggle so hard and toil so laboriously for things that have no real weight or impact on our lives? Why cant we simply be satisfied by living, by the work of our hands, find the joy in our labor? Are we really working in all things as though we are serving the Lord? Or are we working for our own selfish gain? 

ephesians 6:7-8 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people,  because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.


We should find the joy in what we are doing, not what we get out of our labors.


ecclesiastes 3:9-14 What do workers gain from their toil?  I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.


ecclesiastes 3:22 So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them?


What are we working for? Why do we get anxious and grumble about what we don't have and what might happen? Because we are ungrateful and selfish. Just slow down for a while and enjoy your life and what you have been given, for it is the gift of God.


phillipians 4:11-13 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment